domenica 5 febbraio 2012

Simple window loop antenna

I've no way to set any antenna on the top of my building. This is the reason because I'm often in /P. But also at home I've some QSO using strange antennas. This is one of them: a window loop!

I've a window 158x140 cm pointing to east, with no other buildings in the way. A wire installed in the window perimeter is circa 1 wave lenght in 6 meters.


Anyway, the loop is not resonant on 6 meters: is not a perfect 1 lambda, the wire is too near to radiator etc., so I use this loop as an untuned loop, connecting a tuner in the low right corner of the window, as shown above:



Results: amazing! Hungary and Ukraine in 6m! I use this antenna also on 10, 12 with good results. On 15 meters the results are acceptable, but I've got very few QSO in 20 and 17 meters.

Next step: trasforming the untuned loop in a short magnetic loop for the 20 and 17 meters.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento